By Tiphanie Priscilla. Bathroom Lighting. Published at Sunday, March 04th, 2018 - 12:32:06 PM.
Great news for people who don’t like showering in the near-dark: There are any number of very bright, open shower trim lights available, which means you can put in cans that punch light down and dim to the desired level, instead of struggling to see with the standard-for-years lensed 60-watt maximum cans. We used to put two, or even more, cans in a shower just to get decent lighting; now one good one can do the trick. Gasketed glass or acrylic surface-type fixtures rated for shower use are also available.
Vanity lighting gets top consideration because these fixtures work the hardest to illuminate the head and face for grooming. The most common mistake people make is putting recessed ceiling fixtures directly over the mirror. These cast shadows on the face, making daily grooming rituals more difficult.
Downlights are perhaps the worst type to use for task lighting in the bath, although they are fine for ambient or accent lighting. Also, downlights are usually incandescent, which is the least energy-efficient form of lighting-—only 10% of the energy used by a typical incandescent bulb comes out as light, the other 90% is wasted heat.
our bath should be bright and clean, so ample overhead and task lighting are key. But bathrooms are now a room in the house where people are spending a lot more time, so you’ll also want the ability to create an atmosphere that’s relaxing and spa–like. Having flexibility to adjust the lighting is really important, which is why I put dimmers here just like I do throughout the house.
Any content, trademark’s, or other material that might be found on the Bean-leaf website that is not Bean-leaf’s property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does Bean-leaf claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.
© Copyright 2018 Bean-leaf. All Rights Reserved.